SOLVENT DISPENSE SYSTEMS
Solvents are hazardous and difficult to handle. Because of their volatile nature, solvents pose a high fire hazard and must be handled as an explosion risk. Usually a Class 1, Div 1 or Div 2 explosion proof rating is needed. In addition, double containment is typically required due to contamination risks.
Dispensing solvent can be a challenge. Most solvents are incompatible with seals and pump materials. Although polypropylene is rated for some solvents, PVC and solvent welded joints are not. Typically, packaged solvent dispense systems are required to be explosion-proof rated. Air operated stainless steel pumps are desirable because they avoid all electrical risks. An explosion-proof solenoid valve may be located on the pumps for air control, or a control and monitoring panel may be located in a non-classified safe area and include solenoid valves for pump control.
Wastech is a leading supplier of cutting-edge Solvent Dispense Systems used in industrial pharmaceutical processes, semiconductor applications and research laboratory applications. These systems are Class 1, Div 1 or Div 2 rated for explosive environments and are compliant with NFPA code 30 requirements. Each dispense system is monitored by a central control panel, which displays or communicates dispense drum liquid level.
Solvent dispense systems are offered in single or dual drum configurations. Two solvent drums with automatic change-over capabilities provide time for drum changeout without interruption to the dispense process. The interchangeable drums are installed in a fire-rated enclosure, fully contained, with leak detection and monitoring sensors. Each system is fully monitored and can offer various communication options. Central or local control panels are available using PLC controls.
Standard Features Include:
- Heavy duty, reinforced 18-gauge all-welded double wall construction
- 304 stainless steel cabinet
- 3-point self-latching doors with non-sparking latch
- Internal double containment with leak switch
- Tie downs and adjustable leveling legs
- 316 stainless steel valves and piping
- Air operated valves for drum dispense control
- Fire sprinkler
- Low exhaust pressure switch
- Low CDA pressure switch
- Intrinsically safe level switch assemblies
- Proximity switches to confirm proper drum placement
- Stainless steel rollers to facilitate drum installation and removal
- Electrical grounding for cabinet and drums
- Electrical quick disconnects to remove level switches
- Drum valve quick disconnect system for safe and easy drum
- installation and connections
- Standard control panel is remote-mounted and rated for nonhazardous
- Alarm integration to Building Management System
Need a Custom System?
Wastech Controls and Engineering, Inc. offers custom design and engineering of state-of-the-art turnkey industrial process systems.
One of Wastech’s application engineers will discuss the nature of your process with you exclusively for your facility.